Sunday 2 July 2017

Further 15mm Ponderings

Hi!

Well there's been some really fascinating comments posted in my previous blog entry about 15mm sci-fi and it got me wondering about a few things.


Would folks be interested in having a blog that covers all things 15mm sci-fi, be it releases, group projects, inspiring paintjobs, monthly challenges and links to blogs/companies/forums that may be of interest to gamers, painters or collectors?

For many years Dropship Horizon was the go to place for folks looking to get into 15mm scale sci-fi but it seems to have stalled somewhat in the last few years. I remember checking it daily for all sorts of handy reference but I think over the last year, I may have perused it's pages a couple of times at most.


To give it enough content, it could be expanded to 10mm and 6mm as well as fantasy as that's another of my interests and I can't help but feel that so many of the gaming news sites give tons of cover to 28mm and the smaller scales can find themselves swamped.

If you are interested in seeing a similar blog, give me a shout and I'll see what I can do!

All the best!

7 comments:

  1. I for one would be interested.
    I love your blogs, I find them entertaining and inspiring, whatever style or scale,and would love to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be great, just wondering how it would work, guide lines etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be interested. 15mm fantasy is becoming my way to go, as 28mm and all the stuff associated requires too much money/time/space for me (poor millennial student who'll never have a permanent place to live)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments folks!

    I'm putting together a blog as we speak and will post a link once it's up and running along with some more waffle with what I want to do with it!

    Generally, I hope to have a blog post for each new release or news article as well as a monthly challenge and how to articles as well as interviews with gamers, sculptors and assorted companies.

    I'm also more than happy to take submissions to put on it, be they battle reports, pics, reviews or anything else relating to 15mm scifi and fantasy. As things get going, I may expand it to 10 and 6mm too.

    All the best!

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to see it though I suspect my wallet will not

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dropship turned into one more point for announcing new releases. I'd suggest you steer clear of that.....there's enough sites doing so. If you go back into dropship archives, the posts that stand our were the ones about doing new types of games, or random terrain projects out of found material. Or brainstorming projects.

    Interviews, challenges, AARs, I think would all be good. Reviews of stuff contributors have actually bought would be pretty solid as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is a good idea if you can see it through. It is a lot of work. Indeed try to avoid news as that comes up though accept news and round it up once a week into a data burst of all news with links. Terrain, painting, modelling etc is what people want along with scenarios. I would say do a genre, in that 6mm, 10mm, 15mm, 28mm all Sci-fi. The audience likes the genre will come to it and read all the scales.

    GBS
    www.theionage.com

    ReplyDelete